Words can Heal and Words can Harm
Often, we want to hear words such as,
“’I’ve been thinking of you today,’
or
‘I missed you,’
or
‘I wish you were here,’
or
‘I really love you.’
It is not always easy to say these words,
but such words can deepen our bonds with one another.
Telling someone
‘I love you’
in whatever way is always delivering good news.
Nobody will respond by saying,
‘Well, I know that already, you don’t have to say it again!’
Words of love and affirmation are like bread.
We need them each day,
over and over.
They keep us alive inside.”
“When we say,
‘I love you,’
and say it from the heart,
we can give another person new life,
new hope,
new courage.
When we say,
‘I hate you,’
we can destroy another person.
Let’s watch our words."
At the same time,
we must be careful that we are sincere in our words
because
if we say,
‘I love you,’
without meaning it,
then such words do more harm than good.
But if these same words are spoken from the heart,
they create new life.
They give joy.
They bring happiness.
We have to make sure that
our words are rooted from our heart.
Comments
Post a Comment